December 23, 2008

Christmas Stockings

"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there"... well in my case they are hung on the wall with 3M removable hooks (no fireplace!)



I love traditional red fuzzy Christmas stockings, and after a few years of us all having different ones, I decided to buy us all new ones.

My only concern with buying these lovely fuzzy stocking was how was I going to put our names on them? Glitter glue doesn't work (yes I tried it...a few years ago actually and it was awful).

Luckily for me, this year I own a Cricut! I used the Mickey Font Cartridge and the Cricut Design Studio to weld the letters together.
Once our names were cut, I outlined the letters, starting with the last letter and working backwards (to make them look like they were overlapping). I then used Glue Dots to adhere the names to the stockings and walla! My creations:

a close up to show how the lettering looks like it is overlapping:


Merry Christmas Everyone, Happy Scrapping and Paper Crafting in 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment